This roasted veggie pasta recipe is great, just some average ingredients but combined they make a fantastic, tasty, healthy meal that will have you asking for seconds.
Try it out and post your thoughts.
- 200g wholemeal pasta
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced and diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Handful of kale
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and pour back into the pot. Break the egg into the hot pasta and stir around.
2. Preheat oven to 200c.
3. In a large oven proof bowl, throw in red onion, carrots, tomatoes and salt. Mix everything together and place in the oven.
4. Roast for 20 minutes, then take them out, add the kale, garlic, and lemon juice, stir, and throw them back in the oven until some of the veggies start looking a little browned around the edges, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
5. Add the roasted veggies to the cooked pasta, pour in the balsamic, a pinch of salt and black pepper, and stir. Taste and add more garlic, vinegar, lemon juice to whatever your taste buds desire.