If you like meat and you like pizza well this is the dish for you. Its guilt free and is so versatile, hot or cold, breakfast or lunch the possibilities are endless. Well, maybe not endless but pretty good. Its quick, easy and not too expensive too.
Check this out and let me know what you think
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g passata with basil
- 25g finely chopped fresh basil, plus leaves to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g low fat natural cottage cheese
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 250g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 tsp dried Italian herb mix (OR ANY SPICES YOU DECIDE)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 190°c/Fan 170°c/Gas 5. Put the garlic, onion, passata in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Turn the heat down to medium, stir in the basil, season to taste and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, line a heavy-based 25cm pizza tin with non-stick baking parchment. Put all the ingredients for the base into a large bowl, season to taste and mix well using your fingers. Press this mixture into the prepared tin to make a flat round base and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove the base from the oven and drain off any liquid. Increase the oven temperature to 220°c/Fan 200°c/Gas 7.
- Spread the passata mixture over the base, scatter over the mushrooms and peppers. Return the pizza to the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned and bubbling. Scatter over the basil leaves, cut into wedges and serve with a crisp green salad.