We all need to take a break sometimes. sometimes our body tells us to take a break by getting sick. We don’t want the latter to happen so here’s a few tips to help us relax, chill out and deal with some of the tests that are put before us from time to time.
- Slow down and breathe. Notice what you feel in your body. Breathe into tight or tense spots with a sense of warmth and loving kindness toward yourself.
- Practice sitting meditation, and learn to let go of your thoughts. Here’s one way to do that: Sit in a comfortable, upright position. Notice the cool breath as you inhale, and the warm breath as you exhale. When thoughts intrude, simply label it “thinking” and come back to your breath. As you continue to practice, even five minutes a day, you will realize that your thoughts have no substance.
- Give your negative voice its own identity. For example, as I continued to meditate, I was able to separate that negative voice that criticized me and put me down. I even gave it a name, “Bertha” and a different voice than my true voice. When Bertha reared her ugly head, I would say “Oh, Bertha, you are just a thought that I don’t need” and I was able to let those thoughts go.
- Cultivate friendships, and develop compassion for others. When we are depressed, we tend to have tunnel vision and are self-centred. Giving to others will bring you joy.
- Get out in nature. Walk. Become mindful of the pleasant feelings you get from hearing the sound of birds, feeling the sun and breeze, seeing the blue sky and beautiful landscape. Let those feelings embrace you. Tell yourself, “I deserve this.”
- When difficult situations arise, find others you can share your feelings with. Life is full of struggles, but those struggles do not have to define you. Write about your feelings in a diary and don’t isolate yourself.
Hope you like these. Try them and perfect them.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Now go make YOUR mark