15. Constructive criticism – Often people don’t realize what they’re doing wrong. Let them know. Most people want to improve and will make an effort once they know how to do it.
16. Demand improvement – Don’t let people stagnate. Each time someone advances raise the bar a little higher (especially for yourself).
17. Make it fun – Work is most enjoyable when it doesn’t feel like work at all. Let people have fun and the positive environment will lead to better results.
18. Create opportunities – Give people the opportunity to advance. Let them know that hard work will pay off.
19. Make it stimulating – Mix it up. Don’t ask people to do the same boring tasks all the time. A stimulating environment creates enthusiasm and the opportunity for “big picture” thinking.
20. Communication – Keep the communication channels open. By being aware of potential problems you can fix them before a serious dispute arises.